The greatest joy in life is confidence in your eternal destiny. Everyone is born sinful and under condemnation (Rom. 5:12). We prove that because we sin against God and show it by our sins against others. Continue reading
Tag Archives: Christian
Why do I still sin?
When a person genuinely trusts in Jesus Christ as his Savior, he becomes a child of God (John 1:12). The Holy Spirit regenerates his life and he becomes a new spiritual creation (2 Cor. 5:17). He is baptized (identified) into the body of Christ (1 Cor. 12:13) and indwelt by the Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:9). If that is true, then why does he still sin? Why can’t he just do things right? Continue reading
Stages: Spiritual Infant: I’m a Christian, now what?
Your decision to trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior is the most important decision you have ever made. There is no single decision more important than accepting Jesus Christ’s work on the cross for your sins. But after that decision to trust Jesus, now what happens? This is the beginning of a great adventure and Scripture has several important key principles for you to know. Continue reading
How can I be like him (her)?
Most people try to copy, imitate and be like someone else. There is something about his voice, his looks, his ability, his humor, his…whatever, that makes one person want to be like the other person. The challenge is that parents will point their children to role-models early in life, but then forget to train their children to the real issue. Continue reading
Question: Can a Christian be delivered to Satan?
Question: Can a Christian, who is filled with the Spirit, be bored?
Can a Christian, who is filled with the Holy Spirit, be bored? I made that statement on Sunday that if a person is filled with the Spirit, he cannot be bored. Continue reading
Question: Can a Christian not sin?
- 21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
- 22 “Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth”; (1 Pet 2:21-22)
- 6 So the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen?
- 7 “If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.” (Gen. 4:6-7)
- 15 The leech has two daughters– Give and Give! There are three things that are never satisfied, Four never say, “Enough!”:
- 16 The grave, The barren womb, The earth that is not satisfied with water– And the fire never says, “Enough!” (Pro. 30:15-16)
Question: Does a Christian have to endure to be saved?
- Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple.
- 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”
- 3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
- 4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. (Matt. 24:1-4)
- 7 “For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
- 8 “All these are the beginning of sorrows.
- 9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.
- 10 “And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
- 11 “Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
- 12 “And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. (Matt. 24:7-12)