Homosexuality: What are the Church’s and modern views?
The homosexual agenda is becoming much more vocal. Just this week a Senator from Ohio revealed that he was in support of homosexual relationships, because he said he didn’t think he could deny his son a good relationship.1Hillary Clinton also exposed her view that a homosexual relationship should be granted by our society and no one should deny them the dignity of a loving relationship and “gay rights are human rights.”2 The question is what does God say?
1) God loves everyone, because are we identified as from the Father
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named. (Eph 3:14-15)
2) The whole world is fallen and deserves condemnation
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world. (1 Cor.11:32)
3) But God loves the entire world and sent Jesus to pay the penalty for their sin
16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. (1Jn. 2:2)
4) The issue is always, “What is God’s view?” Man is only capable of understanding some things.
8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. (Is. 55:8-9)
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. (1 Cor. 1:25)
5) God called it sin in the Old Testament
22 `You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (Lev. 18:22)
13 `If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (Lev 20:13)
6) God calls it sin in the New Testament
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, (1Cor. 6:9)
7) God further describes it as a distortion of what is natural
23 …and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man– and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. 24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. (Rom. 1:23-27)
8) Life is not about what feels good or what I want to do
“Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” (Luk 22:42)
9) The issue is always the holiness of God
15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.” (1 Pet. 1:15-16)
10) Fathers are to pass on Father greatness by “commanding” holiness to his children and each generation.
19 “For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the LORD, to do righteousness and justice, (Gen. 18:19)
11) The modern views are too numerous to delineate. We don’t go along with experience or feelings. We are saved by God’s Word and we must live by God’s Word. We don’t believe the Senator should change his views based on his grown son’s perspective. We don’t believe that “what God calls sin” should be rendered dignified because people choose that behavior. What God calls a sinful behavior is not a birth issue. That would put the blame on God.
a) We do not endorse pedophiles, even though some people like that.
b) We do not endorse necrophilia, even though some people choose that.
c) We do not endorse bestiality, even though some people choose that.
d) We do not endorse polygamy, even though some people would like that.
e) All of these are aberrations from the holy standard of God. It doesn’t matter what someone says or believes contrary to Scripture. It matters what God says.
12) However, all grace and mercy should be exercised to help a person who believes or lives that way to recognize God’s view, repent and leave that behavior. That sin is no worse than worry or rudeness, however, it does fall under judgment from God.
a) Sodom Gen. 19
b) SPQR in 476 A.D. when homosexuality was prevalent.
c) Jesus Christ is the issue for salvation and the issue for life. It doesn’t matter if the people say they are committed to a loving relationship.
d) My issue is I want them to experience oneness with the Lord and an eternal relationship with Him. An ongoing holy relationship is not possible when living in that lifestyle. I do not condemn one who lives that way, for my sins are evident before me. I do want them to trust in Jesus as Savior, grow in Him as Lord and let Him rule in their life as King!