Grow to Oneness – Part 2
- Jesus has the right to establish growth in the church 4:7-10
- Jesus gave us grace – according to His measure 4:7
- He ascended on high with the spoils of victory 4:8
- He first descended to Tartarus 4:9
- He ascended above the heavens 4:10
2. Jesus sovereignly gives communication gifts to equip His church for ministry 4:11-13
Those gifts are for teaching and for equipping saints for ministry 11-12
- Some received communication gifts 4:11
- Those gifts are for equipping and for edifying the body of Christ 4:12
- Those gifts function until we come to the unity of faith 4:13
- Unity of faith and knowledge of God
- To a perfect man – 2 Tim. 3:17
- To the measure of stature of the fullness of Christ Col. 2:9-10
3. Jesus wants His church to grow up for the growth of the church 4:14-16
Ephesians were spiritual children Eph. 4:14a Four stages of spiritual growth
- Spiritual infant – 1 Thes 2:6-8
- Spiritual child – 1 Thes 2:9-12
- Spiritual Youth -1 Jn 2:13-14
- Spiritual Parent – 1 Jn 2:12-14
- They were acting like children 4:14b
- They were speaking like children 415-16
- Speaking 1) the truth 2) in love 4:15; 4:29; 1 Cor. 13:4-7
- They needed to be concerned about the body.
- Each part does it share to causes growth 1 Pet 2:1-2; 2 Pet 3:18
- Jesus wants us to grow up to His fullness for unity of faith and unity of service
- Jesus wants us to grow up in His giving love Jn 13:34-35; 15:10; 1 Jn 2:6; 1 Jn 4:19
- Examine every room of your soul – the kitchen – where you eat manna; living room – where you fellowship with believers and reach out in discipleship to others; bedroom – as you rest in the Lord; bathroom – where you confess your sins and cleanse your life.
- Learn what to tolerate and not to tolerate in holiness and truth for unity of faith and work of ministry.
- Become a “joint” (discipler) that encourages, inspires and holds together the body of Christ.