The Revelation of Jesus – 1st Advent
The First Deed of the Messiah – Healing of a Leper Matt 8:2-3; Mark 1:40-45; Luke 5:12-16
- Mosaic Law provided rules for many life and worship issues
- No cure for lepers in rabbinic writings.
- No record of any Israelite ever cured of leprosy after the Mosaic Law.
- Leprosy was left out of the Rabbinic cures. Why? Lev 13-14
- Report to priesthood, “I was a leper, but now I have been healed.”
- Priesthood to give two bird initial offering
- 7 day investigation to determine –
- Was the person really a leper?
- Was the person really healed of leprosy?
- What were the circumstances of his healing?
- 4. If the leper is healed, the priest shall go out of the camp on the 8th day, then four offerings
2. The Messianic cure of a leper Matt 8:2-4; Mark 1:40-45; Luke 5:12-16
- 5:12 What was the circumstance?
- 5:13 What did Jesus do?
- 5:14 What did Jesus tell the one healed?
- 5:15 What happened next?
- 5:16 How did Jesus respond?
3. The Jewish leadership response M 9:1-8; Mark 2:1-12; Luke 5:17-26
- Luke 5:17 some of the Jewish leaders –
- Observation –
- Investigation –
- Power of the Lord, present to heal him – Why?
- Mark 2:1-12 Four friends brought a paralytic, but Jewish leaders blocked the way.
- God came to man, spoke in man’s language, and acted to reveal credibility. Why? Because God loves man!
- God functioned under His own Word, because He wrote it.
- The leper did nothing to deserve the leprosy and God healed him.
- God wants us challenged, will we believe Him? Will we balance our time to reach others for Christ and disciple them?
- God has already done everything,… Does that produce a passion to study, to pray, to sing, to witness His life?
- Your greatest deliverance is from the power of sin.
- You have the opportunity to learn the Word…. Will you do the Word? Trust the Word? Live out the power of the Word? Reach others for Christ and disciple them?
- What were the two kinds of miracles the religious leadership believed existed?
- Why is there so much in Leviticus 13-14 about examination and cleansing of lepers if there was never one that was healed?
- If Jesus touched the leper, why didn’t He become unclean?
- Why did Jesus choose to heal this leper?
- Did Jesus want the religious leadership to accept Him as Messiah? What did Jesus do?
- What prevents you from continually believing that Jesus is the Messiah? What commands do we obey and what commands do we not obey?
- What do we need to do?