This is the insert and Message Based Discussion Questions for the message presented on June 30, 2013. The answers are suggested for thoughtful discussion. They are not intended to be final answers, but for the purpose to stimulate deeper thinking and spiritual growth.
1) <!–[endif]–>Be indifferent toward holiness in marriage 2:10-13
2) <!–[endif]–>Malachi was clear regarding marriage. What was God’s purpose of marriage (Mal. 2:14-15)? ____________ What are God’s provisions so that that divorce not happen?
3) <!–[endif]–>Did God allow divorce in the Old Testament (Deut. 24:1-4)? _______ What was God’s procedure for divorce in the OT? Why do you suppose He allowed it?
4) <!–[endif]–>In Jeremiah’s day, God had had enough (Jer. 14:19-5:3). Was God going to listen to Israel anymore? _____________ What was God’s concern for Israel?
Making application from the message to life:
5) <!–[endif]–>What did the church of Ephesus do well (Rev. 2:1-7)? __________ What did they fail to do? Can that happen with us? What did Jesus command that the church of Ephesus do?
6) <!–[endif]–>What are seven things your group can contribute that will ensure marriage will remain strong? Do marriages matter if you are single?
7) <!–[endif]–>How should the church function so that marriages that are struggling will become restored and strong again?